Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Serenity of Dawn-2 oil on canvas 11x14 $275



   I have mentioned before that I will often take a composition or painting that I like and then explore making some changes in it, altering the size, the colors-sometimes alot and sometimes just experimenting with sky colors and hues a little. I might change the season as in the previous posting. All these are an attempt to experiment with color, configuration and composition. Do any of these changes make the painting more compelling, more interesting-pulling the viewer into the work? Compare this to the July 26th posting-different size, medium, and composition has changed, but the theme continues. My next posting over the next several days is a larger size of this theme-to 16x20 with some change in composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment