Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving. This is the first post for a new blog. The inspiration for this blog is actually two-fold. One of my daughters, a gifted writer, began one earlier this year. Her entries serve as entrance into her world, as a midwesterner in New York City. The other is a plein aire artist from Topsail North Carolina-Mike Rooney-whose near daily postings inspire myself and other artists.
This blog will focus less on writing (unlike my daughter's) and more on painting (like Mike's). My family and I have much to be thankful for this day as we embark on the holiday season. Best wishes to all. This painting is inspired by I a trip to St Thomas my wife and I took earlier this year. These fishermen docked there daily selling their 'catch of the day.' Look for other paintings from this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment