Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Creek-Summer Oil on Board 8x 10 $175



This composition is the subject of a series of painting-three of which will be published here over the next three days. There will be more to come. The photo upon which this painting is based is courtesy of a fellow artist-Rick took the picture some time ago. Having seen the photo I asked if he would mind if I used it. He was kind enough to give me his photo. I love the composition and the opportunity it affords to change the mood, the lighting and the season. My only complaint is my setup to take photos. There is often a glare or a failure to capture the color properly. These 3 were all done with palette knife. The mood here is a hot, humid summer day, the creek is barely flowing and you could cut the air with a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment