Saturday, February 20, 2010

Francis Bay II-step 2


  Over the next 6 days or so I will be posting the process of the painting Francis Bay II-This is a larger version of a previous painting. The first step I left out as this was merely 4 lines-the outline of the beach, the cliff, the water line to the distant mountains and the mountains. My next step for this painting was to lay in a very thin wash of the colors-to get a sense of how the colors will sort out. Notice at this step everything is very flat-there is no depth to the distant mountains, the caribbean could be anything, the sand looks very too yellow and the cliffs very brown. But the final relationships are here. If I were unhappy with this I could easily scape and paint over, or even wipe it out as the paint is not too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment