Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bella oil on canvas 8 x10


   Bella was done with brush. Compared to the previous posting you will note how the shape of the head became more precise. When I do the underpainting I am mainly looking for relationships. I want it to be loose and not stiffly painted. Occasionally I will do one and decide I don't like it and will change the composition completely In this case I noticed that the head and face needed additional constructions and alterations in shape-and it came out ok.
Perhaps I may post the reference photo for some of these paintings to demonstrate the changes that one makes in the transition to painting.
I am awaiting some photo equipment so my postings will be on hiatus for a few days. I have been unhappy with the reproduction of color of some of the postings and will resume again soon.
thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment